Day 3- Breaking the Silence - RELATIONSHIP CAPSULES



 

I never understood the real meaning of being loved until I found out the real definition of love.

There was a time that I felt I could never share about my heartbreak. I was shy and embarrassed. I knew people would say I was a fool in love. "How could I have overlooked the relationship redflags I saw?" I knew I could be queried for being blind in love. How dare I talk about it?


But do you know that I was as sick as those secrets? My pains made me sick, keeping it made it worse. I was isolated and afraid of trusting again. If the one who claimed to love me betrayed me this much, what would a stranger do?

Most times, those of us who have been held bound by heartbreaks and disappointments deal with extreme feelings of being powerless, afraid and foolish. We become voiceless. Sometimes, you need to break the voice to lead yourself to a transformational journey. For me, I found a friend I could trust and I just kept pouring it out.

Breaking the silence of being hurt to a trusted person is the first catalyst towards healing.

I remember sharing with a small group in a training how I locked myself out of loving again, how it affected my new relationship over time and how I had to retrace my steps. I could feel how much they learnt from the story. I was afraid to share. I felt it wasn't relevant but they held on to my story. Rather than see wrong faces, I saw faces of understanding and compassion. I began to realise I wasn't the only one who was heartbroken without a reason which is the most painful part.

Knowing you are not alone is a sure sign of faith that you can also break the silence and begin a new journey towards recovery.

In my book, "DO IT YOUURSELF in 7days: A step by step guide to overcoming heartbreaks, I shared various ways of breaking the silence and pouring out your pain.

I encourage you to share your story with me. I'm willing to hold you, listen to you and elicit a possible solution to you.

Doing this assures you of the new level of healing.

No comments:

Dear Great mind,

Your feedback is very important. We need it to serve you better

All text herein is property of the author and may not be copied or reproduced without explicit perm. Powered by Blogger.