Day 4-- Replacing the Unhealthy Beliefs - RELATIONSHIP CAPSULES




 

During my hurting period, I believed a lot of lies that popped up in my head. I was always negative and it opened the door to more negativity.

I formed so many unhealthy beliefs that became my normal way of viewing life.


I believed that I was fat, ugly, worthless, unlovable, dumb and all sorts of jargons. I believed that I was destined to never be happy in a relationship. Fear began to build up in my heart. I thought I would never meet anyone who would care for me.

My life reflected the thoughts I had in mind because every step I took were based on the way I saw myself. My consistent unhealthy thoughts formed my beliefs, my beliefs were responsible for my actions and my actions led me to making less and poor choices in life.

I unconsciously began to assume that I was not lucky to find love. All these thoughts shaped the way I looked at myself. Every time I stalked him on the Internet so see if he was happy without me, his tweets and posts proved it so and this made me sad the more. I really couldn't move on. Not working on these thoughts could have led me into more abusive relationships.

Before healing can occur, a mindset shift or makeover has to occur. Even though you spend a lot more on your physical appearance which could be more deceiving, your mind needs more of the make over.
Every time I walked past handsome faces, I kept wondering why they didn't get attracted to me. I kept playing the tape in my head about how I wasn't deserving of love in nature. I did all I could to look beautiful but the negative energy I was sending out stopped every favourable moment from coming. I wasn't ready to receive it.

When I realised I was getting better, I had to start thinking the truth.

It requires action from you, like identifying the unhealthy beliefs that you have formed in the process of worrying and fear then take hold of the lies and replace them with the truth.


You need to take a step of working on your inner-self. It is beyond fantasising. You need to be deliberate. The choices you make, the life you live, the way you treat people will matter more than the expensive wears and masks you put on.

The way you live your life consciously is as a result of the reflections of the things you believe about yourself.

As you go on a journey towards healing, think of these questions:

1. What thoughts are shaping my everyday life?

2. What is triggering the unhealthy beliefs?

3. How can I change my thoughts to reflect a new positive thinking?

4. What are the truths I know that can replace the lies when they come?

You may have to seek God in all, it starts with Him.

When you begin to change your thought life in spite of the heartbreaks, pains and disappointment, you will begin to see a new and healthy change in your life.

No comments:

Dear Great mind,

Your feedback is very important. We need it to serve you better

All text herein is property of the author and may not be copied or reproduced without explicit perm. Powered by Blogger.