Day 6: Moving towards forgiveness - RELATIONSHIP CAPSULE



 

I used to think that it was impossible to forgive some acts. I felt that some actions were so grave that even God wouldn't forgive but I was wrong.

One of the reasons why forgiveness can be difficult is because it begins to seem as if the person who did wrong was right. It creates an approval of their actions but that's not the case.


Forgiveness is neither an endorsement nor an easy act, it's a choice that can lead to your freedom.

One reason why I had to forgive my ex was because God wanted it so. It was not easy but it's good. God knows better than anyone on the cost of forgiveness.

One thing that forgiveness does is to release from a bondage of the past and a person's mistake.

You may feel that your ex doesn't deserve forgiveness especially because it may have been hard to accept but it does you more good.

It doesn't have to be instant but it can be gradual.

I have learnt that forgiveness is setting someone free and realising that the prisoner was you.

I remember the moment it happened, I couldn't bear the pain. I walked around the house waiting for a news of a change of mind. I wanted to just give up. Hmmmn, what a day!

You know the worst part of it? People who wronged you have basically moved on with their lives forgetting that they hurt you.

Will you wish your ex bad?

The way to become free is to set them free. You need to bring back the moment of joy and happiness by taking away the moment of sadness and grief.

No comments:

Dear Great mind,

Your feedback is very important. We need it to serve you better

All text herein is property of the author and may not be copied or reproduced without explicit perm. Powered by Blogger.