THE EAGLE'S DIET: Bounce back from setbacks(Academic standpoint) - My life at Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka


After my preliminary program at Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka(UNIZIK), I was so enthusiastic to get into university and start campus life in full.

During my first year on campus, I dedicated my time,energy and resources to my academics to ensure I come out with outstanding grades.


I had a remarkable result in my 100level and I was super excited, I resolved to continue with that feat until my last days on campus. But something happened.

In my 200level I got a bit distracted by a lot of engagements and worst of it all, I got a wrong orientation from an organization and it led to my poor performance during examination.

My results came out eventually and I failed woefully. I saw failure looking at me squarely, I saw it,I felt it,I sobbed for weeks, cried day and night, carried a red and buggy eyes for days. I refused to be consoled,I've not experienced failure before. To me, I thought failure was a delusion but that event opened my eyes.

My weeping days came to an end eventually, and I said to myself, it's time to be real. I came out with a rugged DETERMINATION, I was so dangerous to play with. Hmmmm, guess what? I recorded the best results after.

While a lot of us get prepared for success, it's also necessary we prepare our mind for failure. Yes,I said that. It's easy to get thrilled by our successes,but when we encounter a little or even major setback, we loss our self worth, we resolve to thinking that success is for a particular group of people.
It's okay to fail,at least you get to understand the feeling.

So while you set your lofty goals  bear in mind that there might be time where the road will be rough,don't despair, it's not a time to give up or think success is impossible or by luck or even for a particular set of people.

I understand that academic excellence is not the only thing that campus life can offer. Truth be told; the feeling and fulfillment an outstanding grade gives you cannot be replaced by political accolades or any achievements you can think of. 

You experience peace of mind, you have the boldness to exploit the opportunities campus life has to offer. You must be able to balance your academics with any engagements you wish to explore.

I beseech you, If you are a fresher, it will be healthy you prepare your mind before hand,Set lofty but realistic GOALS, work passionately towards it attainment. 

If you are already recording good results, please keep your stead and don't get distracted. To you who have experienced a major setback in your academic, giving up is not the option but BOUNCING BACK is. 

Get back to you decision board, desire a new feat and work relentlessly towards it.

Don't give up,YOU DESERVE TO SUCCEED and you will if you Decide to.

Work on your DREAMS, and Live intentional!!


©2016
Like our Facebook Page;
https://mobile.facebook.com/The-Eagles-Diet-Publication-180055169040806/?_rdr

No comments:

Dear Great mind,

Your feedback is very important. We need it to serve you better

All text herein is property of the author and may not be copied or reproduced without explicit perm. Powered by Blogger.