My little, My relevance


I was on my way from this prospect's office on a sunny afternoon when a shoe cobbler approached me.
He pleaded that I give him some money to eat. According to him, he was very hungry.

I turned, looked at him, put my hands in my bag and gave him some money. I can't remember the exact amount but it wasn't more than N200.

Then I continued my way back to the office.

Lost in thoughts, I imagined how the guy would have been walking round that vicinity looking for who would give him shoes to polish or even sandals to mend at N10 or N20. But it didn't happen and he must eat.
He probably has a wife and/or kids. 

He "gats" to work. Someone might say, to him, how can you be doing such business in such a quiet place with low footfall and plenty cars? But either way, he is not giving up on himself. Taking steps, doing something, is lot more better than doing NOTHING.

My teacher would say " a man who can work but can't work or is not ready to work, deserves not to be favored"
The only man who does not merit freebies is a lazy man. Give him a cake, he would finish it too quickly to ask you for more.

Is weekend beautifuLLs, let's live, laugh, enjoy, love it but most importantly, let's help someone smile.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Dear Great mind,

Your feedback is very important. We need it to serve you better

All text herein is property of the author and may not be copied or reproduced without explicit perm. Powered by Blogger.